Skip to main content

Featured

Not Part of the Plan- GirlDefined

I was so thankful to again be chosen to be a part of the launch team for GirlDefined’s new book: “Not Part of the Plan: Trusting God with the twists and turns of your story.” I was so excited when they announced this new book. I’ve been so encouraged as I’ve followed the story of Bethany’s long journey of singleness and Kristen’s trial of infertility. Their openness to these struggles have encouraged me so much as I see their love for the Lord grow even in the midst of hard. I remember hearing Kristen share of her third miscarriage at the 2019 GirlDefined conference- months after a big and hard life disappointment for me. I was lost and confused and my only hope was to cling to the Lord as my life didn’t go in the direction I had hoped it would. And hearing the struggle Kristen had gone through and how the Lord comforted and worked in her heart was so helpful.  I was so excited to read this book. I’ve loved every book of theirs. It’s so personable and so very practical. They share thei

Thankfulness & God's Faithfulness


I'm so very thankful for this year.  God has always been so faithful to me.  He's protected me, loved me, and given my joy in hard times.  I remember this time last year, I did not want to celebrate any Holidays.  I did not want to celebrate Thanksgiving or Christmas.  I had a heart that wasn't ready to move on or let go.  I had a stubborn heart, one that wasn't willing to listen or heal.  I had a broken heart, one that was not allowing me to be thankful for yet another year.  Even then God provided ways for me to heal and the space I needed, in providing opportunities to stay home for Thanksgiving and to be traveling all through Christmas and New Years.  God was so good to me.  Today I look back and think of just how far God has taken me.  I'm thankful He protected me from a very bad situation and gave me healing in that.  I'm thankful He took me far away from two really hard circumstances and allowed me to start over.  I look back over this last year and the hurt of the beginning of the year, the uncertainty of being in a new place, going to two different churches, meeting so many different people, going through new relationships, trying to find a job, months of real estate classes and testing, and COVID.  It's been a year of emotions.  A year of fear.  A year of sadness.  A year of a lot of uncertainty.  A year of loneliness.  A year of healing.  But I'm so thankful for God's faithfulness in all of this.  I'm so thankful for how He provided and kept me.  I'm so thankful for how He is, even today, answering all my prayers and providing exactly what I need.  Friends.  Work.  Community.  New goals.  He's given me joy even in the midst of all of this.  I know there will be plenty more hard and uncertainty, but today I'm so very thankful for God's loving kindess through it all and for where He has brought me from November 2019 to November 2020.  


He's given me a loving family, many trips this last year, times of laughter and so much joy, good times with friends, and hope for the future and I'm so thankful for all of this.

Comments

Popular Posts