Featured

Not Part of the Plan- GirlDefined

I was so thankful to again be chosen to be a part of the launch team for GirlDefined’s new book: “Not Part of the Plan: Trusting God with the twists and turns of your story.”
I was so excited when they announced this new book. I’ve been so encouraged as I’ve followed the story of Bethany’s long journey of singleness and Kristen’s trial of infertility. Their openness to these struggles have encouraged me so much as I see their love for the Lord grow even in the midst of hard. I remember hearing Kristen share of her third miscarriage at the 2019 GirlDefined conference- months after a big and hard life disappointment for me. I was lost and confused and my only hope was to cling to the Lord as my life didn’t go in the direction I had hoped it would. And hearing the struggle Kristen had gone through and how the Lord comforted and worked in her heart was so helpful. 

I was so excited to read this book. I’ve loved every book of theirs. It’s so personable and so very practical. They share their own lives so openly and always always point us to Christ and the hope we can find in Him. Their goal is that we know the purpose of life is to glorify God and not to get all of our deepest desires. Our goal here on earth is to bring glory to God and to point others to Him. 
‘Some of God’s greatest mercies are his refusals.’ This is hard to wrap your mind around but when I look back on some of lives hardest trials I see God’s mercies in Him telling me no to some of my deepest desires. He protected and kept me. He brought me to my knees before Him in a desperate need of Him alone. ‘Anything that makes me need God is a blessing.’

I love how at the end each chapter they have verses, a prayer, and more things to journal and mediate on to bring us closer to the Lord and understanding of God and His sovereignty and goodness in our lives. This book has encouraged me so much and I’m so thankful for the work and truth that these girls share with us. 

“The Lord will fulfill his purpose for me; your steadfast love, O Lord, endures forever. Do not forsake the work of your hands.”
‭‭Psalm‬ ‭138:8‬ ‭


Comments

Popular Posts