Skip to main content

Featured

Not Part of the Plan- GirlDefined

I was so thankful to again be chosen to be a part of the launch team for GirlDefined’s new book: “Not Part of the Plan: Trusting God with the twists and turns of your story.” I was so excited when they announced this new book. I’ve been so encouraged as I’ve followed the story of Bethany’s long journey of singleness and Kristen’s trial of infertility. Their openness to these struggles have encouraged me so much as I see their love for the Lord grow even in the midst of hard. I remember hearing Kristen share of her third miscarriage at the 2019 GirlDefined conference- months after a big and hard life disappointment for me. I was lost and confused and my only hope was to cling to the Lord as my life didn’t go in the direction I had hoped it would. And hearing the struggle Kristen had gone through and how the Lord comforted and worked in her heart was so helpful.  I was so excited to read this book. I’ve loved every book of theirs. It’s so personable and so very practical. They share thei

The Battle Between Truth & Feelings

"The worst battle I've ever fought is between what I knew and what I felt."

How true is this?  Emotions and feelings can feel so like truth.  They can be so blinding, leading us on a goose chase to get what we think (feel) we need.  They become the thing we live for and strive after.  They can lead you away from good friendships, from the truth you grew up learning, running from good and clear counsel.  It's so dangerous to chase after your feelings, believe them to be truth over everything else- over true wisdom, truth, honesty, true love and friendship, and blind you to follow after the worlds version of truth or what your heart wants.  How scary is that. 

What we know is truth...

We know as believers that God's word is the only source of truth.  It is our anchor, our truth, what we live by.  When the world feeds us lies and these half-truths fueled to feed our sinful desires, we can always turn to God's word to lead us and guide us in our lives.  

But feelings and emotions can be so very painful.  Life can be so very painful.  I see how living for your emotions can you lead to even more pain.  I can see how people numb their pain.  

I  can see how pain can lead you down a road that may be very hard if not impossible to turn around and come back to Christ again.  I can see how we can question God's goodness even through the pain.

The pain of betrayal, hopes for the future crushed, desires thrashed, we grab onto the first thing that we think will make us feel better.  Make us 'normal' again, never realizing that we'll never be the same again.  Which is good.  Pain isn't meant to let you stay where you are.  It's meant to grow you in ways that even you don't understand or realize.  And pain can either lead you down a painful road far from the Lord or drawing closer to Him, holding on to Him in the midst of drowning.  But before you know it He will and always will work in your life.  If you cling to Him, He will guide you and be your anchor.  You may not get answers or your life 'back' but you will get a joy and peace that only HE can give you.  He must be the reason you wake up in the morning.  The reason you live your life.  The hope you hold onto in the midst of deep pain and heart ache and when you question and battle between these emotions and truths always- ALWAYS- cling to Jesus.  In the midst of your battle.

https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1F3ZaYJNQJtLfFO9IxaBNXwUDhoZZ8VZj

'Why does your heart carry you away, and why do your eyes flash' Job 5:12

'And the peace of God, which surpasses all understating, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ.' Phil 4:7

'A fool gives full vent to His spirit, but a wise man quietly holds it back.' Proverbs 29:11

Comments

Popular Posts