Skip to main content

Featured

Not Part of the Plan- GirlDefined

I was so thankful to again be chosen to be a part of the launch team for GirlDefined’s new book: “Not Part of the Plan: Trusting God with the twists and turns of your story.” I was so excited when they announced this new book. I’ve been so encouraged as I’ve followed the story of Bethany’s long journey of singleness and Kristen’s trial of infertility. Their openness to these struggles have encouraged me so much as I see their love for the Lord grow even in the midst of hard. I remember hearing Kristen share of her third miscarriage at the 2019 GirlDefined conference- months after a big and hard life disappointment for me. I was lost and confused and my only hope was to cling to the Lord as my life didn’t go in the direction I had hoped it would. And hearing the struggle Kristen had gone through and how the Lord comforted and worked in her heart was so helpful.  I was so excited to read this book. I’ve loved every book of theirs. It’s so personable and so very practical. They share thei

Thoughts on TODAY

https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1ghqjrkuJf1Tn9eBAoE8htMmBTNB-OEw8
This virus has really rocked our world.  I think everything that I've learned in these last two years is to live with eternity in mind.  As I battle the temptation to constantly be anxious, complain, and worry I'm learning to be content and trust the Lord through all the unknown.  And boy is it hard.  Who would have thought this very tiny small bug could shut down the world?  Who would have thought how much could be effected by such a thing?  Well God did.  And we can take comfort in knowing that.  He is good through this.  HE has plan through this.  Going through some hard trials this last year has really given me more of the desire to be to be in heaven with Christ and not here, with all the pain and the unknown.  But as I began to slowly heal, and adjust to my new life and my new area this virus came and changed everything again.  And all those fears from years ago came back.  I don't want to lose control.  I don't want life to change like this.  I have so much I want to do still, right?  But God has a plan and changing my thinking is hard and a battle, truly, but it is what the Lord uses to sanctity and grow us in Him.  Who knows how long this will last and how much this will effect everything, but we can ALWAYS trust God and His will.  We know that He does loves us.  We know He is good.  Living it is hard, but letting go and letting God is so much better then living in constant fear and anxiety.  Trusting and giving Him our desires and asking His will be down is better then fighting for our own plans, because in all honesty His plans are better and He knows all things.  He sees things I don't and is working in so many different ways, even know.

Comments

Popular Posts