Skip to main content

Featured

Not Part of the Plan- GirlDefined

I was so thankful to again be chosen to be a part of the launch team for GirlDefined’s new book: “Not Part of the Plan: Trusting God with the twists and turns of your story.” I was so excited when they announced this new book. I’ve been so encouraged as I’ve followed the story of Bethany’s long journey of singleness and Kristen’s trial of infertility. Their openness to these struggles have encouraged me so much as I see their love for the Lord grow even in the midst of hard. I remember hearing Kristen share of her third miscarriage at the 2019 GirlDefined conference- months after a big and hard life disappointment for me. I was lost and confused and my only hope was to cling to the Lord as my life didn’t go in the direction I had hoped it would. And hearing the struggle Kristen had gone through and how the Lord comforted and worked in her heart was so helpful.  I was so excited to read this book. I’ve loved every book of theirs. It’s so personable and so very practical. They share thei

Lockdown WHAT?

During this lockdown.  Stay at home order.  Quarantine.  Whatever you want to call it, period, what has everyone been up to?  What keeps one busy when you're stuck at home.  No work.  Online school.  Routines are messed up.  What even is a schedule anymore?
I mean my family is a homeschool family and my dad has been mostly working from home for the past few months, so really not much has changed for us.  We're pretty good at keeping ourselves busy and entertained.  But at the same time we have no church groups.  No Sunday services.  No coffee dates with friends or venturing out in a our new town.  It has been hard as we had just found somewhat of a routine and trying our best to make friends in our new home town and then this happened.  So that has been hard.  And most of my family is a 'get out of the house' kind of people.  That can seriously mean anything as long as we get out once a day, new shops, coffee or lunch, or at least grocery shopping.  Anything really.  So now we're mostly stuck at home, trying our best to at least get out and walk once a day and not eat our guts out because what else are we to do.
So we've created a challenge for each other.

  • 100 push ups a day for 30 days
https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1XBysE30IkCW2nLS589bIpE-p5o6ydHUN

It's suppose to do something amazing for your body.  But I mean let's be real... us girls can hardly do 'real' push ups, and for sure can't do 100- so we've stuck with 50 a day which is something.  I'm not even sure my parents are actually doing it or just saying they will do it... eventually.  
I've added-
  • 100 squats a day
To that challenge.

AND to add to that list we:

  • Facetime friends almost every day for at least a couple/few hours
  • Read- a lot
  • Blog & All that
  • Try to find new business starts ups
  • Sleep
  • Watch Movies
  • Did I mention walk...
  • Create websites
  • Get my new residency squared away... officially have the right license plates.  Good-bye California plates.  Tears.
  • Buy things I shouldn't because I don't have a job, but at least I'll be able to rollar skate now.  I'd say that it's worth it.

Comments

Popular Posts