Skip to main content

Featured

Not Part of the Plan- GirlDefined

I was so thankful to again be chosen to be a part of the launch team for GirlDefined’s new book: “Not Part of the Plan: Trusting God with the twists and turns of your story.” I was so excited when they announced this new book. I’ve been so encouraged as I’ve followed the story of Bethany’s long journey of singleness and Kristen’s trial of infertility. Their openness to these struggles have encouraged me so much as I see their love for the Lord grow even in the midst of hard. I remember hearing Kristen share of her third miscarriage at the 2019 GirlDefined conference- months after a big and hard life disappointment for me. I was lost and confused and my only hope was to cling to the Lord as my life didn’t go in the direction I had hoped it would. And hearing the struggle Kristen had gone through and how the Lord comforted and worked in her heart was so helpful.  I was so excited to read this book. I’ve loved every book of theirs. It’s so personable and so very practical. They share thei

2020 Update

So it's been a while and a lot has changed.  Moving.  Heart break.  More heart break.  What a year in a half its been.  It's probably been more like two years at this point.  Life took a crazy ride.  An up and down adventure.  Filled with lots and lots of tears.  Lots of wounds, opened and opened again. Lost friends.  Broken trusts.  It's moved me across the country.  To a new place.  A new home.  A new culture, people and area.  So many trees.  Weather changes.  Lots and lots of rain and cloudy days.  More free time.  More time to read and study.  Time to heal from the hurt and work through areas I've really struggled in.  Time to grow in trust as I work through a change in life, a change in everything I once new.  Time to get to know new people and a new culture.
Learning to trust the Lord is hard.  Learning to fight the fear and anxiety of life all around you is a constant battle.  You often have to surrender your hopes, dreams, and desires to Him.  You have to acknowledge the pride in your heart and hold everything with an open hand as you learn to trust that the Lord has a perfect plan for your life.  Whether thats what you want or not.  Remember Romans 8, that God is good.  He is always good and sovereign.  Even if it's hard and it hurts.  He's growing us and sanctifying us.  Letting go is hard.  But we have to trust the Lord.  I want to control so many things and I want to have a perfect and clear path for my life and right now that's not happening and I'm learning to let and go and trust the Lord has perfect plan right where He has me and is growing me and sanctifying in so many ways that, in a few years, I hope can look back and thank the Lord for this season of waiting.

Comments

Popular Posts