Skip to main content

Featured

Not Part of the Plan- GirlDefined

I was so thankful to again be chosen to be a part of the launch team for GirlDefined’s new book: “Not Part of the Plan: Trusting God with the twists and turns of your story.” I was so excited when they announced this new book. I’ve been so encouraged as I’ve followed the story of Bethany’s long journey of singleness and Kristen’s trial of infertility. Their openness to these struggles have encouraged me so much as I see their love for the Lord grow even in the midst of hard. I remember hearing Kristen share of her third miscarriage at the 2019 GirlDefined conference- months after a big and hard life disappointment for me. I was lost and confused and my only hope was to cling to the Lord as my life didn’t go in the direction I had hoped it would. And hearing the struggle Kristen had gone through and how the Lord comforted and worked in her heart was so helpful.  I was so excited to read this book. I’ve loved every book of theirs. It’s so personable and so very practical. They share thei

The Lord is my Refuge



This week has been interesting.  Hard, but good.  I'm being stretched in so many ways; work, school, and etc.  Work is always helping me to grow to be a better person, though not easy, I'm learning to communicate, better organize myself, and work through my mistakes.  School is teaching me to schedule better and be patient.  My classes both have a lot assignments that are time consuming.  School can take up to 30 hours a week. Hey, I guess this is the college life. 
The Lord is good.  He is putting me in situations that are hard, but He is my rock, the thing that gives me the strength to get through each thing, though not always with the best attitude, but I'm growing.  He is teaching me to be patient, to love people who are harder to love, to trust Him and not worry, and to put others first and before my needs.  I don't always react the right way, I often get mad, or want something better.  I'm a sinner, growing in Christ through His grace and love.

I often worry about what people think of me.  This effects so much in my life.  How I act around people.  How I treat people.  How I feel about myself.  How I think of people.  It's pride in my heart that can rule most of my days.  It's funny to see how much it can take over my thoughts and actions, my joy or my worry.

All I need is YOU, Lord.

It's really nice to take a break, a moment to yourself and enjoy friends, family, and the things around you.  Hang out, laugh, be comfortable, enjoy the salty air, the cold breeze, greasy food, best friends, and just be myself.  I was able to do this last night, enjoying the night at Seaport Village, just talking, shopping, and eating.  I praise the Lord for moments like these.  Last weekend we went to the Zoo and Old Town for my dad's birthday and it was another nice break from the norm.  I love doing things like this.  I love being with people who make me feel comfortable being me, who don't want something from me, who just love me for me.  There is a lot to be thankful for, even in the busy times, there is always something to thank the Lord for.


But for me it is good to be near God; I have made the Lord God my refuge, that I may tell of all Your works. Psalm 73.28

Comments

Popular Posts