Skip to main content

Featured

Not Part of the Plan- GirlDefined

I was so thankful to again be chosen to be a part of the launch team for GirlDefined’s new book: “Not Part of the Plan: Trusting God with the twists and turns of your story.” I was so excited when they announced this new book. I’ve been so encouraged as I’ve followed the story of Bethany’s long journey of singleness and Kristen’s trial of infertility. Their openness to these struggles have encouraged me so much as I see their love for the Lord grow even in the midst of hard. I remember hearing Kristen share of her third miscarriage at the 2019 GirlDefined conference- months after a big and hard life disappointment for me. I was lost and confused and my only hope was to cling to the Lord as my life didn’t go in the direction I had hoped it would. And hearing the struggle Kristen had gone through and how the Lord comforted and worked in her heart was so helpful.  I was so excited to read this book. I’ve loved every book of theirs. It’s so personable and so very practical. They share thei

Beginning of Spring Semester Thoughts




School has started.  It will be in full swing next week, when I start my second class.  I found myself thankful for things that I've had such a hard time being content in or just plain thankful for.  I've found myself thankful for a some what less busy schedule, for the Lord's sovereignty in where He has me right now.  For so long I've expected/wanted to be in a different place, but today I'm thankful for the blessings He has given me.  The time and ability to focus on school.  I have time to do two classes...it will be busy as I also work 30 hours a week, but I have the time.  I pray I'll also find time to invest in my family and friends, my two blogs, reading, and getting to know, be encouraged, and encourage others around me.  This is the season the Lord has me in and He's kept me busy and I'll pray He will give me the strength to do well at work and school and also to love those around me and be a light in this world.  There is much to be thankful for.

One thing I've noticed is how hard social media can be.  I mean I knew this and kept myself from it for a few months before deciding to get back into it, but it's hard.  I worry.  I compare.  I think, why does she have what I want.  Why does she look so good.  I'm not good enough.  I need to be careful, I need to not put myself in a place where I think I need or deserve anything.  Or a place where I think others are perfect, because, we. are. not. perfect.  Social Media can be really dangerous, but I see the fun and joy it can bring as well.  The way people can connect.  Or share their hearts.  There is a lot good ways to use it.

We went to visit family this last weekend.  Such mixed emotions and feelings each time we come away from a visit with them.  Though thankful for another chance to be with them, it's also hard to see our relationship will never be the same again.  Coming home makes me realize one thing... never take for granted family or time spent with them.    Though not easy to visit with family, many people are not as lucky to have time with theirs.  I know the Lord works through every hardships like not talking to family members for a few years or a cousin being diagnosed with cancer.  I see how He does and I'm thankful for His hand at work and the opportunity we had this weekend.

Comments

Popular Posts