Skip to main content

Featured

Not Part of the Plan- GirlDefined

I was so thankful to again be chosen to be a part of the launch team for GirlDefined’s new book: “Not Part of the Plan: Trusting God with the twists and turns of your story.” I was so excited when they announced this new book. I’ve been so encouraged as I’ve followed the story of Bethany’s long journey of singleness and Kristen’s trial of infertility. Their openness to these struggles have encouraged me so much as I see their love for the Lord grow even in the midst of hard. I remember hearing Kristen share of her third miscarriage at the 2019 GirlDefined conference- months after a big and hard life disappointment for me. I was lost and confused and my only hope was to cling to the Lord as my life didn’t go in the direction I had hoped it would. And hearing the struggle Kristen had gone through and how the Lord comforted and worked in her heart was so helpful.  I was so excited to read this book. I’ve loved every book of theirs. It’s so personable and so very practical. They share thei

2 Weeks in 1

Week #1
Wow this week seemed really long.  It feels like its been weeks, but really it's only been a little over a week.  Nothing much happened, my dad has been gone at the Shepherds Conference this week so the rest of us have kept busy with a sleepover in the living room, movies, and dinner out.  It's been fun, but we are all ready for him to come home.

School is going great and I have my midterm next week.  Crazy how fast it all is going.  Already trying to make some summer plans! ;)  Work as always is trying, but I thank the Lord for the opportunity and ability to do it.

I'm currently reading Idols of the Heart by Elyse M. Fitzpatrick.  It's amazing the many things that can take the place of God in our lives.  It makes me that more thankful for the Sacrifice Christ did on the cross for us.  Taking all our past, present and future sins upon His shoulders.  It makes me thankful that we can come before the throne of God and ask for help against our idols and that He has given us the Holy Spirit to help us fight against our flesh.

Last Year's Road Trip with friends
Week #2
Each week brings a new amount of work and school.  Each weeks shows you more and more where you struggle and fall short.  I feel each weeks starts with new emotions, some good and some not so.  There is no resting or peace, I feel there is a constant battle inside me.  Raging against my flesh.  Sin makes itself known, idols take over my heart, and there is a battle of keeping my heart on the things of the Lord.  It's east to feel sorry for myself and find myself seeking joy in other things, only to find that when this certain 'thing' doesn't come through for me it is also my source of sadness, anger, or discontentment.
I know what God says about idols and about where I can find true joy and contentment, but how do I get to the point where I am there, where I'm not looking for this world or anything in it to bring me joy.  I know in my mind that it doesn't and that I will always find things to grumble about and things to desire more.  But I don't know how to get my heart in the right place other than praying and reading God's word.  My mind is so easily distracted and seeking.  So easily bored and wanting.  Finding joy in right now and where I'm currently at, is so hard, but I know it's what I'm called to be doing and I truly have so much to praise God for.


Comments

Popular Posts