Skip to main content

Featured

Not Part of the Plan- GirlDefined

I was so thankful to again be chosen to be a part of the launch team for GirlDefined’s new book: “Not Part of the Plan: Trusting God with the twists and turns of your story.” I was so excited when they announced this new book. I’ve been so encouraged as I’ve followed the story of Bethany’s long journey of singleness and Kristen’s trial of infertility. Their openness to these struggles have encouraged me so much as I see their love for the Lord grow even in the midst of hard. I remember hearing Kristen share of her third miscarriage at the 2019 GirlDefined conference- months after a big and hard life disappointment for me. I was lost and confused and my only hope was to cling to the Lord as my life didn’t go in the direction I had hoped it would. And hearing the struggle Kristen had gone through and how the Lord comforted and worked in her heart was so helpful.  I was so excited to read this book. I’ve loved every book of theirs. It’s so personable and so very practical. They share thei

Choosing Gratitude

I finally finished Choosing Gratitude and, boy, was it good.

I feel like in this time and place for me it was great and would defiantly recommend it to most anyone.  I am so blessed in ways that most of the world doesn't even understand.  As an American, my comforts are more than most have, and yet I am so prone to grumble and complain.  This generation of Americans have the more comforts and wealth than most people in the world and just a few short years ago anyone had.  And yet we are still as unhappy, and possibly even more depressed.  We have this sense of entitlement, this sense of I deserve this and I deserve that.  But we don't.  We deserve death and wrath.  But God sent His Son down to earth, Jesus Christ, humbled Himself.  He became flesh and He died on the cross for my sins.  For me, so that I may spend eternity with God in heaven.


Check the above link to see a full blog review on my blog,  Journal of a Booknerd.  



This week our family is preparing for a trip we've all been waiting months to take.  We are going skiing and snowboarding!  It's been years since I've gone and I'm sure I'm not nearly as good as I was then (and believe me I wasn't even good then).  But we are all so excited.  It's a bit of a birthday get away for my dad and mostly a much needed family vacation.  I know everyone is crazy busy these days and our family is no different.  So a little time away with no distractions will be nice.  Not to mention we are actually going snowboarding.  Owen can hardly wait and is literally counting down the hours.  We are all excited in our own ways and for our own reasons.  

This trip will be a bit different for me in that I will have some school to do.  Yup, I'm bringing homework on our vacation.  But I'm thankful I'm taking an online and that I've been able to get most of it down this week.

Well, you probably won't hear from for a week or so, but I will keep you updated on our trip when we get back! 

Comments

Popular Posts