Skip to main content

Featured

Not Part of the Plan- GirlDefined

I was so thankful to again be chosen to be a part of the launch team for GirlDefined’s new book: “Not Part of the Plan: Trusting God with the twists and turns of your story.” I was so excited when they announced this new book. I’ve been so encouraged as I’ve followed the story of Bethany’s long journey of singleness and Kristen’s trial of infertility. Their openness to these struggles have encouraged me so much as I see their love for the Lord grow even in the midst of hard. I remember hearing Kristen share of her third miscarriage at the 2019 GirlDefined conference- months after a big and hard life disappointment for me. I was lost and confused and my only hope was to cling to the Lord as my life didn’t go in the direction I had hoped it would. And hearing the struggle Kristen had gone through and how the Lord comforted and worked in her heart was so helpful.  I was so excited to read this book. I’ve loved every book of theirs. It’s so personable and so very practical. They share thei

NEW YEARS ~2017~


Well, it's been awhile... let's see, my last post was in, SEPTEMBER.  Yeah these last few months kind of slipped by at lightening speed.  I didn't write a single thing in my journal in that time, (that's a lot of catching up I had to do).  I also only wrote four blog post here: Journal of a Book Nerd
You have no idea how many books I need to post to catch up!  I'll probably never be able to do it...
I don't know what made these last months so crazy, but they where.  My dad's business, though a blessing and all by God's grace, has taken off, this has made our family (all of us) busy.  I've been working for my dad three days a week, it's a lot to get it (in bookkeeping standards) to where it needs to be, because if you know my dad, he isn't the most organized person!  He got an office/warehouse, so he has been there most days, working on keeping everything going and running.
Ethan is currently working for my dad two days a week.  Owen helps when needed, mom and Evelyn clean the office once a week and we all are trying to get use to this new craziness.
For me, my first semester in college, my first two real jobs, and it's all taking some time getting use to.  I find it all daunting at times, but I'm thankful for the opportunities. For the chance to work with my dad and learn the bookkeeping ways.  And though my nanny job has proven to be difficult, I am also thankful for ability to do it and the chance to work with kids.  I'm thankful that my employer is kind and understanding.  I'm blessed with both my employers! :)


In November we were able to take a couple days off and go to the Grand Canyon for the weekend, also my birthday!
It was great to get-away and spend time with the family.



December was a crazy month with Christmas parties and trying to get in all our traditions (P.J. shopping, christmas lights, etc...)

And now the New Year is here and I can't even believe it.  Like seriously, where did this year go?
Of course with the new year comes new goals and resolutions!

My biggest 2016 resolutions was to get a job and be able to pay for a couple of my own things.  I bought a car this year and am able to afford to use and take care of it;
  1. This new year I hope to use for God's glory!  I've found myself being governed a lot by my emotions and desires.  So much so that I sometimes miss the now and the time I have with my family or working or going to school.  So my biggest thing is to be thankful for each day and moment.
  2. I want to be more on top of my blog, Journal of a Booknerd, and also this blog.  I would like to get more followers and be more creative with both.
  3. I want to understand more what I want to do and how to do it.  I want to know if being a bookkeeper is what is right for me.  I want to do my best in school and I want to enjoy my family and friends.
  4. I want to read more books, this year I meet my goal of reading 50 books and exceeded it.  I read 60 books this year!  So this new year I want to read even more, plus read the Harry Potter series!  :)
These are my 2017 resolutions, but it may change in the next few hours or more may be added later.

But one thing I do want, is to use this blog as a journal.  I won't write all my personal struggles or embarrassing moments, but I want to write out my feelings and memories so that in years to come I can look back and see what I did in, 2017...


Comments

Popular Posts