Skip to main content

Featured

Not Part of the Plan- GirlDefined

I was so thankful to again be chosen to be a part of the launch team for GirlDefined’s new book: “Not Part of the Plan: Trusting God with the twists and turns of your story.” I was so excited when they announced this new book. I’ve been so encouraged as I’ve followed the story of Bethany’s long journey of singleness and Kristen’s trial of infertility. Their openness to these struggles have encouraged me so much as I see their love for the Lord grow even in the midst of hard. I remember hearing Kristen share of her third miscarriage at the 2019 GirlDefined conference- months after a big and hard life disappointment for me. I was lost and confused and my only hope was to cling to the Lord as my life didn’t go in the direction I had hoped it would. And hearing the struggle Kristen had gone through and how the Lord comforted and worked in her heart was so helpful.  I was so excited to read this book. I’ve loved every book of theirs. It’s so personable and so very practical. They share thei

September Books

The Diamond of Darkhold-
Book four of the City of Ember Series; the People of Ember have now been living with the People of Sparks for a while now.  But living above ground is a lot harder than they all imagined it would be when they first emerged from below. Food is sparse, work is hard, and storms are scary and new. 
The little town of Sparks isn't doing well this winter and Doon and Lina want to do something about it, so they decide to travel back to the City of Ember where a few things were left over.  But their journey takes a turn of unexpected turns and discoveries.
~This book was ok, defiantly not my favorite.  It felt rushed and was centered more for younger ages,  but in all it was a decent read.~



Palace of Mirrors-
Cecilia has always known she was destined for more, that she is the true princess of her kingdom.  All her life she has been keeping this her secret and studying diligently for the day when she will take the throne.  The day when she is no longer in danger.
But her friend makes her question the reasoning for staying away and so she sets off to take the throne and relieve the decoy, the pretender who was there to protect the true princess... but things don't go as plan and stories are messed up.  Isn't Cecilia the true princess, she always believed she was, but now she isn't so sure.



Home is Where the Heart is-
Violet Collingsworth had escaped from her home town, hoping never to return.  But with the death of her grandmother she returns back only ten years later to the place that caused so much heart-ache.  But she never imagined that the possibility of settling down in this town could be real. 
~I felt this book was poorly written and always found myself confused over the facts.  Other than that I it was intriguing and I read it pretty fast.~





Comments

Popular Posts