Skip to main content

Featured

Not Part of the Plan- GirlDefined

I was so thankful to again be chosen to be a part of the launch team for GirlDefined’s new book: “Not Part of the Plan: Trusting God with the twists and turns of your story.” I was so excited when they announced this new book. I’ve been so encouraged as I’ve followed the story of Bethany’s long journey of singleness and Kristen’s trial of infertility. Their openness to these struggles have encouraged me so much as I see their love for the Lord grow even in the midst of hard. I remember hearing Kristen share of her third miscarriage at the 2019 GirlDefined conference- months after a big and hard life disappointment for me. I was lost and confused and my only hope was to cling to the Lord as my life didn’t go in the direction I had hoped it would. And hearing the struggle Kristen had gone through and how the Lord comforted and worked in her heart was so helpful.  I was so excited to read this book. I’ve loved every book of theirs. It’s so personable and so very practical. They share thei

August Books

Prodigy & Champion: Legend Serious-
I tried to read the rest of the Legend serious, but I felt convicted to put them down.  I didn't want to be filling me head with that stuff, at least right now.  If the main characters were older and more serious about their relationship, than I might have continued, but it wasn't worth it at the time.  Who knows, maybe later on I will finish the serious.


Finding Mr. Write-
Jeremiah is hiding a secret, two really.  A secret from his past that keeps him from truly living his life and a secret now that keeps him drawn back from those he likes.
Dorrie has never really been loved and is trying to find her way in life.
The two are brought together by their same interest and are both taken back by each other, but there is a turn in their budding and somewhat held back relationship when the two accidentally get married.  Now what do they do?  Can they make it work?

~I did enjoy this book and it was hard to put it down, but I also found it an older and more mature book to read.  Because the two were married, by accident, they were taking it slow, (they hardly knew each other) but they struggled with the desires of what an actual married couple are able and blessed to do.~  



Princess Academy; The Forgotten Sisters-
This is the third book of the Princess Academy serious.  I remember reading the first one a few years ago and loving it.  I just found the next two and read them and though I enjoyed them they didn't have the same impact on me as the first one did.
It is now Miri's turn to teach at a princess academy, but the place and the three students aren't actually the most easiest of situations.  Miri must travel to a distant swamp, leaving the hope of returning to her beloved mountain and family.   Once there, teaching these girls whose only concern was to survive in this swamp and fend for themselves, was no simple task, more like impossible, but she had to do it, because the fate of the whole kingdom depended on her.  If she was not able to make these girls possible suitors for the marriage to a very old king to make peace between their kingdoms, than everything could be lost.



City of Ember; The Prophet of Yonwood-
This is the third book to the serious City of Ember.  A prequel to the first two, telling of how the earths population went below ground to live.
This story is about eleven year old Nickie, who just wants to make earth a better place.  The news only has bad stories and the streets lurk with terrorist.  She soon learns that no where is safe when she and her aunt stay at a small town where Nickie's great-grandfather lived and passed away at.  This town, like many others, are influenced and scared of the world's crisis, but this small town does something about it. 
Trying to rid the world of evil they began forcing laws about certain things they can and can't do and punishing those who disobey.  Nickie get's caught up in it, but can forcing laws and punishing such small crimes really help, especially when she hardly know what is actually good or evil?



Dangerous-
Masie Brown is a homeschooled girl who is bored with her life.  She has one friend and though she loves her parents, she doesn't quite feel satisfied.  But then she finds and enters into a sweepstake and her life changes...drastically. How could an innocent little astronaut camp turn into life and death?  How could three weeks of something fun and new turn into saving the world from aliens and unbelievable power?
~So, though this book was filled with adventures and a little different than previous books I have read, I do have to be careful recommending it because there were quite a few iffy parts.  Masie is a young immature girl who doesn't know much about love... or boys for that matter.  And so she starts an immature relationship with it's up and down, kissing's and desire's that aren't necessary.  I was really disappointed with this relationship.  The two spent a few days alone and though nothing actually happened in the end, it was a bad situation.~





Just Ella-
A fun fantasy twist of the Cinderella story.  Have you ever wondered what happened after the prince found the girl who perfectly fit the glass slipper?  And though they say they lived happily ever after, could it really be true?
A story of the ever after and how Ella fit into the palace life.
~This story was fun and exciting, though I felt like some parts were too hurried.~

Comments

Popular Posts