Skip to main content

Featured

Not Part of the Plan- GirlDefined

I was so thankful to again be chosen to be a part of the launch team for GirlDefined’s new book: “Not Part of the Plan: Trusting God with the twists and turns of your story.” I was so excited when they announced this new book. I’ve been so encouraged as I’ve followed the story of Bethany’s long journey of singleness and Kristen’s trial of infertility. Their openness to these struggles have encouraged me so much as I see their love for the Lord grow even in the midst of hard. I remember hearing Kristen share of her third miscarriage at the 2019 GirlDefined conference- months after a big and hard life disappointment for me. I was lost and confused and my only hope was to cling to the Lord as my life didn’t go in the direction I had hoped it would. And hearing the struggle Kristen had gone through and how the Lord comforted and worked in her heart was so helpful.  I was so excited to read this book. I’ve loved every book of theirs. It’s so personable and so very practical. They share thei

May Books

Book of a Thousand Days:
I thought this book was fun and cute.  It is a fantasy young adult story of a diary of a maid, who along with her mistresses was to be locked in a dungeon for seven years because her mistresses had denied to marry a wealthy man.
Dashti, the maid, must take charge and be the leader, as Saren seems too depressed to keep going.  Two of Saren's suitors come to visit, one with evil intents and the other with honest and good love.
But things turn for the worse, everyone seems to have disappeared and Saren has lost all hope. Dashti must get them out of the tower if they want to live and find safety away from the evil in the kingdom.
~Just a warning...This book had two weird parts, though at first they may seem to be bad they turn out to be not so and rather quick~

Anastasia's Secret:
This book was a disappointment.  I loved the first half and it was one of those books I just couldn't seem to put down.  The thrill, mystery and the young love, was enough to keep me wanting more and more. 
One thing I hate is when you are reading a book, love it and dying to know what happens, it then turns out to be bad. Deciding between putting it down and to keep reading it is so very hard, especially for me.  I have probably read through books I shouldn't have, but this book to me was obvious.  I couldn't read it and I didn't want to, it had gone too far.  Let's just say the young love turned into a lot more and thus I stopped reading it half way through. 


The Princess Spy:
I really liked this story.  It was a cute love story, of a dukes daughter, Margaretha, who just wants to find her true love.
She has yet to find true sparks, but her new suitor might just be the one, until an injured man comes, claiming he, (Margareth's suitor)  has evil intents to ruin her and her family.  If it is true how will she save everyone from such a man?


Frozen Fire:
This was the most interesting book I have ever read, I couldn't tell you for sure if I liked it or not, but I don't necessarily recommend it either.  There was a lot of things in here that was iffy and I most likely should not have kept reading it, but I was so close to being done. Ugh..
Anyways this book was about Dusty and a strange boy who just keeps coming up and knowing everything about her.  Not only does he know everything about her, but he draws her in even more with the one things she wants more in life than ever, her brother, Josh, who had disappeared.  Now she wants more than ever for this boy to give her more information and she won't give up on him, lying to her parents and getting caught up with the police too.  It turns out this boy is very famous among the police accused of many horrible things.
  • I would say there is some blasphemy in this book.  The boy doesn't quite know who he is and he is a very powerful person.  Some readers may think he is an angle or even a god. 
  • The girl was rude and known for her troublemaking spirit.  She lies to her parents and is very disobedient.
  • There is language in this book, many uses of God's name in vain, especially.
  • Now for the worse and quite honestly the hardest, there is mention quite a few times of rape in this book and though it may seem just a little bit of this book, as you read on it doesn't get better.
  • Another thing to mention is a small part in the book when Dusty's dad has a date with a women named, Helen, and they end up sleeping together, though that is all.

Comments

Popular Posts