Skip to main content

Featured

Not Part of the Plan- GirlDefined

I was so thankful to again be chosen to be a part of the launch team for GirlDefined’s new book: “Not Part of the Plan: Trusting God with the twists and turns of your story.” I was so excited when they announced this new book. I’ve been so encouraged as I’ve followed the story of Bethany’s long journey of singleness and Kristen’s trial of infertility. Their openness to these struggles have encouraged me so much as I see their love for the Lord grow even in the midst of hard. I remember hearing Kristen share of her third miscarriage at the 2019 GirlDefined conference- months after a big and hard life disappointment for me. I was lost and confused and my only hope was to cling to the Lord as my life didn’t go in the direction I had hoped it would. And hearing the struggle Kristen had gone through and how the Lord comforted and worked in her heart was so helpful.  I was so excited to read this book. I’ve loved every book of theirs. It’s so personable and so very practical. They share thei

Evelyn’s 12th Birthday


Evelyn's' birthday was quite a few weeks ago, but it's never too late to post about it, I hope!
I hardly took any photos...yeah I need to work on that! But I do have memories! J

For her birthday we went shopping, had lunch, got special drinks, and that's as far as my memory will take me.



We got some Starbucks and headed over to Target (such a perfect girly thing to do, right?)  (She got a really cute outfit; a dress and boots)
Then we went to our favorite place of all...Panda Express. Yeah, it's the go to place when dad isn't around.



We joked as we were trying to figure out what to do after lunch, that we would have to go to the salon for Evelyn. She is our salon (make-up) girl. That's her thing. No Frisbee golf, no soccer, no park days, instead…shopping, beauty, etc...Yeah, that's Evelyn.  Did I mention that with her birthday or Christmas money she bought a nail polish set with brushes and fake nails! :)  I told her she is gonna end up in beauty school for sure!





Happy Birthday Evelyn!
For her birthday party we had a few girls over for a sleep-over on Friday night.  Karaoke was the highlight of the night! The next morning we all went to see the new Cinderella movie which was so much fun and it was a really cute movie…I liked it!



There are only a few pictures of her and cupcakes and they aren't that great, but I hope you enjoy them and get the picture!


Lighting the candles to her own cake






Comments

Popular Posts