Skip to main content

Featured

Not Part of the Plan- GirlDefined

I was so thankful to again be chosen to be a part of the launch team for GirlDefined’s new book: “Not Part of the Plan: Trusting God with the twists and turns of your story.” I was so excited when they announced this new book. I’ve been so encouraged as I’ve followed the story of Bethany’s long journey of singleness and Kristen’s trial of infertility. Their openness to these struggles have encouraged me so much as I see their love for the Lord grow even in the midst of hard. I remember hearing Kristen share of her third miscarriage at the 2019 GirlDefined conference- months after a big and hard life disappointment for me. I was lost and confused and my only hope was to cling to the Lord as my life didn’t go in the direction I had hoped it would. And hearing the struggle Kristen had gone through and how the Lord comforted and worked in her heart was so helpful.  I was so excited to read this book. I’ve loved every book of theirs. It’s so personable and so very practical. They share thei

April Books (That are Coming in May)

The Rise of Nine
     This book is the third book in the I am Number Four serious.  I didn't really care for these books, I did love the fantasy feel and the teens coming together to save the planet, but I did not like how they cuss (which only seems to get worse by each book) and also the disrespect some of the characters had for one another.
     Slowly the Garde (the powerful teens whose planet was destroyed) begin to find each other and come together.  Number Four and Number Nine our together and Number Six and Number Seven are trying to locate Eight.  They may be getting stronger and closer together, but their enemy, the Mogs, are also strong with their powerful leader now on earth.  The Garde must hurry and be ready to fight the threat to all humanity.
     ~Like I said there is cussing in this book and some immature relationships and kissing going on~


The Fall of Five
Ok, so I tried to read the fourth book in the Lorien Legacies ^ but it didn't go so well.  I decided to stop reading it half way through.  It wasn't worth it.   The language was getting worse in each book and I couldn't handle the immorality of some of the situations. Just wanted to give you a heads up on that one.  Since I didn't read this one, I won't read the last book in the serious either.

 


Theodore Boone: The Abduction
This book is the fourth book in the Theodore Boone serious. I read the first three books a few years ago, when we first moved down to San Diego and I just remember loving them and thinking they were so good.  It's funny how much you change in four years.  My taste in books and my knowledge in writing  has all changed and these once awesome books are now just ok, childish books.
There was nothing bad in this book, except for, in my opinion the lack of respect Theo had for adults. 
The book had some adventure and some fun and smart info in it, but it just wasn't the same as it would have been four years ago.



 
 
 
 
 
 

Comments

Popular Posts