Skip to main content

Featured

Not Part of the Plan- GirlDefined

I was so thankful to again be chosen to be a part of the launch team for GirlDefined’s new book: “Not Part of the Plan: Trusting God with the twists and turns of your story.” I was so excited when they announced this new book. I’ve been so encouraged as I’ve followed the story of Bethany’s long journey of singleness and Kristen’s trial of infertility. Their openness to these struggles have encouraged me so much as I see their love for the Lord grow even in the midst of hard. I remember hearing Kristen share of her third miscarriage at the 2019 GirlDefined conference- months after a big and hard life disappointment for me. I was lost and confused and my only hope was to cling to the Lord as my life didn’t go in the direction I had hoped it would. And hearing the struggle Kristen had gone through and how the Lord comforted and worked in her heart was so helpful.  I was so excited to read this book. I’ve loved every book of theirs. It’s so personable and so very practical. They share thei

Shannon Hale Books

Goose Girl
Ani, princess of Kildenree traveled from her kingdom to Bayern, where she must marry the prince to make peace between the two kingdoms.  But on the way, her one and only friend betrays her, along with half of her trusted guards.  She escaped the close death from their hands and traveled the rest of the way by herself.  But when she gets to the kingdom her once dear friend is posing as her.  No one will believe she is the true princess so she takes a job at the palace as the goose girl, but what will become of her?  She is supposed to be marring the prince and now she is just a peasant girl.
~There was one thing in this book that I didn't appreciate. One character was telling a story abut war and how the warriors wives wanted them to look at them only...  It is only one quick page, but still.~
This is the first book of the Bayern serious and a really fun and adventures story!




River Secret
This is the third book in Bayern serious.  Not as fun and interesting as the first in my opinion, but still good and adventurous.
This book is about Razo who is a forest born and is chosen to go on an adventure to make peace with the Tiran, who are pursuing war.  It isn't looking great for the group who will be traveling up there to make peace and death is very possibly for them all.
Razo isn't the greatest soldier and it surprises him to be chosen at all to help with the quest.  But he hopes to prove himself useful on this trip, but can he do that since all his life he has been nothing but small and weak?
~I can't remember anything being too interesting in this book, there were a few relationships and gross deaths.~






Comments

Popular Posts