Skip to main content

Featured

Not Part of the Plan- GirlDefined

I was so thankful to again be chosen to be a part of the launch team for GirlDefined’s new book: “Not Part of the Plan: Trusting God with the twists and turns of your story.” I was so excited when they announced this new book. I’ve been so encouraged as I’ve followed the story of Bethany’s long journey of singleness and Kristen’s trial of infertility. Their openness to these struggles have encouraged me so much as I see their love for the Lord grow even in the midst of hard. I remember hearing Kristen share of her third miscarriage at the 2019 GirlDefined conference- months after a big and hard life disappointment for me. I was lost and confused and my only hope was to cling to the Lord as my life didn’t go in the direction I had hoped it would. And hearing the struggle Kristen had gone through and how the Lord comforted and worked in her heart was so helpful.  I was so excited to read this book. I’ve loved every book of theirs. It’s so personable and so very practical. They share thei

Books from March (Pt. 1)

The Power of Six
The Second book in the Lorien Legacies serious and a really fun and adventurous book.  I read the first one a couple of weeks ago, I am Number Four, and really liked that book also. 
John Smith must leave Paradise, Ohio now, because of all the destruction. He, Six, and Sam leave  hoping to find the other four and along the way hid from those who are searching for them.  Not only do they have to hid from Mogdorians, but also the authorities of the US who think they are terrorist.
Number Seven is also hoping to reunite with the others, but can't leave the convent until she is 18.  She is stuck feeling hopeless and useless, with no training and a distracted guardian, who was suppose to train her to battle the Mogdorians.
~There is cussing in this serious and also a lot of drama centered around relationships and going back and forth between liking this girl and that girl.  There is some flirting and kissing (one kiss in particular that I didn't like and feel was inappropriate). 





Matched:
I really liked this book!  It reminds me a lot like The Giver, where the people are controlled by the Officials who choose who you marry, what you will eat, where you will work, and how long you will live. Though in this book they do have feelings. 
Cassia is happy and content with her life and trust everything to the Officials, until she sees two different faces for her match.  She now is face with a hard decision that won't go away, will she marry Xander or Ky?  The Officials never make mistakes and Xander is suppose to be her Match, but her feelings for Ky are budding...
The whole society seems to fall apart for Cassia and the once perfect life, where the Officials make the decisions for her, isn't so perfect anymore.

Comments

Popular Posts