Skip to main content

Featured

Not Part of the Plan- GirlDefined

I was so thankful to again be chosen to be a part of the launch team for GirlDefined’s new book: “Not Part of the Plan: Trusting God with the twists and turns of your story.” I was so excited when they announced this new book. I’ve been so encouraged as I’ve followed the story of Bethany’s long journey of singleness and Kristen’s trial of infertility. Their openness to these struggles have encouraged me so much as I see their love for the Lord grow even in the midst of hard. I remember hearing Kristen share of her third miscarriage at the 2019 GirlDefined conference- months after a big and hard life disappointment for me. I was lost and confused and my only hope was to cling to the Lord as my life didn’t go in the direction I had hoped it would. And hearing the struggle Kristen had gone through and how the Lord comforted and worked in her heart was so helpful.  I was so excited to read this book. I’ve loved every book of theirs. It’s so personable and so very practical. They share thei

Princess Academy: Palace of Stone

This is the sequel to the Princess Academy which I read a few years ago and really loved.  I had been wanting to read this book for a while and I was just able to find it at the library.
I liked it, it was a cute and clean story.  Centered more for younger kids, but still fun and easy to read.
It is a fantasy about a girl named Miri, who comes from a small village in the mountains.  There was a time when they weren't welcome any where else, but a trading route was open to them and so were other things, such as education and wealth.  Miri and a few of her friends go to the city for the princess, Miri's best friend's marriage.  But there is much more going on then just a wedding.  Many people aren't happy with the king and the nobles for their treatment to the poor, so a war is brewing and Miri get's in the middle of it.  Will she be able to pick between her love for her best friend, the princess, or the rights of the poor people?

Comments

Popular Posts