Skip to main content

Featured

Not Part of the Plan- GirlDefined

I was so thankful to again be chosen to be a part of the launch team for GirlDefined’s new book: “Not Part of the Plan: Trusting God with the twists and turns of your story.” I was so excited when they announced this new book. I’ve been so encouraged as I’ve followed the story of Bethany’s long journey of singleness and Kristen’s trial of infertility. Their openness to these struggles have encouraged me so much as I see their love for the Lord grow even in the midst of hard. I remember hearing Kristen share of her third miscarriage at the 2019 GirlDefined conference- months after a big and hard life disappointment for me. I was lost and confused and my only hope was to cling to the Lord as my life didn’t go in the direction I had hoped it would. And hearing the struggle Kristen had gone through and how the Lord comforted and worked in her heart was so helpful.  I was so excited to read this book. I’ve loved every book of theirs. It’s so personable and so very practical. They share thei

My Dad's B-day!

 
My dad's birthday was a few days, I guess more like a couple weeks ago now and we celebrated as always...special dinner and dessert. 

I actually remembered to take a few pictures...so here they are!
 
 
...The whole set up before he got home from work...
 
My mom made the sign



Birthday Station
                                                                 
                                                                  And present time...


OSO hat


Owen, there for every minute.  I don't know who is more excited, him or dad.


 
Perfect





 

Cake time!









 
We did the usual, a walk on the beach, dinner, and dessert.  Last year we did have a surprise party for him, but this year it was just us.  We had a nice and fun time together.
I am so thankful for him, with all we have been through and all he has been through he is such a good example to us all.  Of what a slave of the Lord should look like, of what a husband and father should look like. We have all grown so much closer to God and to each other in these last five year.  Life brings challenges, heartaches, sicknesses, sorrows-trails. Things that make us lean on Christ, because without Him we would be nothing, we can do nothing and would always be discouraged, searching and striving towards something, that when we get, it isn't enough-we want more.  We can only be satisfied in Christ.
Sooner or later everyone will realize this and I know that my dad has and that he has taught us this so many times.  That no matter what we do, whether it be hard or easy do all to the glory of God.
I just wanted to share and encourag and dad has been my inspiration today!
Thank you and...don't forget to be AWESOME!
 

Comments

Popular Posts