Skip to main content

Featured

Not Part of the Plan- GirlDefined

I was so thankful to again be chosen to be a part of the launch team for GirlDefined’s new book: “Not Part of the Plan: Trusting God with the twists and turns of your story.” I was so excited when they announced this new book. I’ve been so encouraged as I’ve followed the story of Bethany’s long journey of singleness and Kristen’s trial of infertility. Their openness to these struggles have encouraged me so much as I see their love for the Lord grow even in the midst of hard. I remember hearing Kristen share of her third miscarriage at the 2019 GirlDefined conference- months after a big and hard life disappointment for me. I was lost and confused and my only hope was to cling to the Lord as my life didn’t go in the direction I had hoped it would. And hearing the struggle Kristen had gone through and how the Lord comforted and worked in her heart was so helpful.  I was so excited to read this book. I’ve loved every book of theirs. It’s so personable and so very practical. They share thei

Forest Born

This book is from the same author (Shannon Hale) of Princess Academy and yet another book that I really enjoyed.

The fourth book in The Books of Bayern series ( I have yet to read the first three, but hope to do that soon), this one is about a forest born girl named Rin.
Rin is the youngest child of seven and the only girl.  As she gets older she becomes Ma's shadow and a girl who turns to the trees for comfort.  Until one day the trees seem to reject her and she finds no peace in them, but rather depression and heartache. Nothing seems right any more and she doesn't know what to do.  When her brother Razo returns to the city she goes with him, hoping to find herself out there.  While there she goes on an adventure that will change her life and mood.

~This book had one particular kiss that I did not like, but other than that I remember it being rather clean.~

One thing I got from this book is that words can hurt, whether it's a magical power you possess or just plain you, a sinner with or without Christ, you can hurt someone with your words.  It could be small or simple, but to that one person it is a slap to the face.  Words can uplift too and bring good.  But we need to think before we speak and choose are words wisely. 
 

Comments

Popular Posts