Skip to main content

Featured

Not Part of the Plan- GirlDefined

I was so thankful to again be chosen to be a part of the launch team for GirlDefined’s new book: “Not Part of the Plan: Trusting God with the twists and turns of your story.” I was so excited when they announced this new book. I’ve been so encouraged as I’ve followed the story of Bethany’s long journey of singleness and Kristen’s trial of infertility. Their openness to these struggles have encouraged me so much as I see their love for the Lord grow even in the midst of hard. I remember hearing Kristen share of her third miscarriage at the 2019 GirlDefined conference- months after a big and hard life disappointment for me. I was lost and confused and my only hope was to cling to the Lord as my life didn’t go in the direction I had hoped it would. And hearing the struggle Kristen had gone through and how the Lord comforted and worked in her heart was so helpful.  I was so excited to read this book. I’ve loved every book of theirs. It’s so personable and so very practical. They share thei

The Maze Runner:
I finished this book a few weeks ago.  I really liked it.
It was about a group of boys who were placed in the 'glade'.  A big place that is almost like a prison for teen boys.  No way for escape, only the Maze that is on the outside of the big walls.  Everyday a big door opens for the gladers to search the Maze and then the door closes for the night.
Thomas comes just like all the other gladers did.  Through a big elevator that comes from the ground, with his memory erased.  But Thomas is different.  He feels like he knows the place and even some of the gladers say they have seen him before.
Thomas triggers the end of the glade.  Will the gladers be able to accomplish what they had hoped to do from the beginning...find a way out of the Maze?

The Scourge Trials:
This book is the second book in the Maze Runner series.
Thomas and his friends thought they were through with all hardships, but they were wrong.  Everything about the W.I.C.K.E.D. program is mysterious and things they thought were real they aren't sure if they are and they can't tell the good guys from the bad guys.
Now they must go through another trial...the scourge.  This time it is promised to be much harder.  Will they be able to do it and how many more of them must die, to accomplish what W.I.C.K.E.D. hopes to accomplish?

Because of Mr. Terupt:
This book was amazing.  Another read-out-loud for school that had me at least in tears.
This story is about the teacher Mr. Terupt who comes along side each of the children in his class and makes a difference in their lives. The children don't know how much they need him and love him until an accident happens...

Comments

Popular Posts