Skip to main content

Featured

Not Part of the Plan- GirlDefined

I was so thankful to again be chosen to be a part of the launch team for GirlDefined’s new book: “Not Part of the Plan: Trusting God with the twists and turns of your story.” I was so excited when they announced this new book. I’ve been so encouraged as I’ve followed the story of Bethany’s long journey of singleness and Kristen’s trial of infertility. Their openness to these struggles have encouraged me so much as I see their love for the Lord grow even in the midst of hard. I remember hearing Kristen share of her third miscarriage at the 2019 GirlDefined conference- months after a big and hard life disappointment for me. I was lost and confused and my only hope was to cling to the Lord as my life didn’t go in the direction I had hoped it would. And hearing the struggle Kristen had gone through and how the Lord comforted and worked in her heart was so helpful.  I was so excited to read this book. I’ve loved every book of theirs. It’s so personable and so very practical. They share thei

Books for school

So I have read a few books for school that I did not have time to write a review on at the moment, but, well here it goes. 


Les miserable: 
So this book took me 'forever' to read. It was over 2,000 pages long and not to mention went on and on about the smallest things. I read it all so that is saying something. If I really couldn't stand it then I would have put it down.   Besides being very long, I could follow the story pretty well. I found myself enjoying certain things and people of the story. All in all it was a story about a convict named Jean Valjean and what he did to make a difference in his life. 


Wonder: 
We read this book out loud and I just have to say it was amazing. It had most of us in tears. It was about a young boy named August, who was deformed. It's a story about how he tries to fit into a world that can be so cruel. It is his first year in school. Not only does he have to worry about the struggles that a normal middle schooler faces, but also the stares, the evil comments, and the plain fact that most don't want anything to do with him. This book was really awesome!  

Purity:
This book was ok. I got some good things about purity. Things like purity isn't only on the outside, but also on the inside. It was a small and easy book to read and I am glad I did, though, I don't find these kinds of books all that helpful sometimes. Sometimes just a little overwhelmed with things that are just impossible for us, as sinners, to do. Though it is a thought provoking book. 



Pay it Forward: 
We just finished this book as another read-out-loud and again it was a really sweet story. It was about a boy, named Trevor, who got a school assignment, that had them think and try to put into action a way to change the world.   Trevor comes up with the idea of paying it forward. You do something really big for someone and instead of getting paid for it, they have to pay it forward (do something big) to three other people. Trevor does this only to find out that it is a lot harder than he thought it would be. Will he even be able to find someone who will pay it forward and will it even make a difference?

Eragon:
Ok, so I started reading this book for fun a few months ago. I powered though thinking I could do it and finish it, but it was taking me a very long time and was dragging along so I finally put it done with only 100 pages left in the story. I finally decided to try to finish it for school instead and that's what I did. 
This is a fantasy story about a boy named Eargon who finds a dragon egg. He hides the dragon, but soon evil men find out about it and try to destroy him and the dragon. Along with a serious of other events and things he travels a long the land seeking revenge for the death if his uncle. 


Comments

  1. Thats like 3 more books than I have read in my whole life! good job!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why, thank you! I guess you don't read much! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts