Skip to main content

Featured

Not Part of the Plan- GirlDefined

I was so thankful to again be chosen to be a part of the launch team for GirlDefined’s new book: “Not Part of the Plan: Trusting God with the twists and turns of your story.” I was so excited when they announced this new book. I’ve been so encouraged as I’ve followed the story of Bethany’s long journey of singleness and Kristen’s trial of infertility. Their openness to these struggles have encouraged me so much as I see their love for the Lord grow even in the midst of hard. I remember hearing Kristen share of her third miscarriage at the 2019 GirlDefined conference- months after a big and hard life disappointment for me. I was lost and confused and my only hope was to cling to the Lord as my life didn’t go in the direction I had hoped it would. And hearing the struggle Kristen had gone through and how the Lord comforted and worked in her heart was so helpful.  I was so excited to read this book. I’ve loved every book of theirs. It’s so personable and so very practical. They share thei

My Mom's birthday

So my moms b-day was on Wednesday.   We were all so excited because #1 we get school off #2 we get to have Panda Express and, #3 we get special drinks. We don't get those things often!
Here are a few pics: 
                          Present:
                    A candy bouquet:

Evelyn and I put out gifts for my mom the night before, so she would wake up to this:

      Evelyn made this, it is so adorable: 

      I made these muffins for breakfast:

      And some ice coffee. In October ;)

               We also went to the beach:


It was a fun day!  Even though Owen ended up with a cold and we weren't able to do what my mom first planned to do. Instead we went through a few model homes, had lunch, went to the beach, had pizza for dinner, came home to watch Belle (the best movie in the world, by the way) and had ice-cream cake for dessert. 
But the biggest blessing of all was/is my mom on such a day and everyday!  The Lord has blessed our family very much with her!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts