Skip to main content

Featured

Not Part of the Plan- GirlDefined

I was so thankful to again be chosen to be a part of the launch team for GirlDefined’s new book: “Not Part of the Plan: Trusting God with the twists and turns of your story.” I was so excited when they announced this new book. I’ve been so encouraged as I’ve followed the story of Bethany’s long journey of singleness and Kristen’s trial of infertility. Their openness to these struggles have encouraged me so much as I see their love for the Lord grow even in the midst of hard. I remember hearing Kristen share of her third miscarriage at the 2019 GirlDefined conference- months after a big and hard life disappointment for me. I was lost and confused and my only hope was to cling to the Lord as my life didn’t go in the direction I had hoped it would. And hearing the struggle Kristen had gone through and how the Lord comforted and worked in her heart was so helpful.  I was so excited to read this book. I’ve loved every book of theirs. It’s so personable and so very practical. They share thei

Family vacation to Utah

So we recently went to Park City Utah for a much needed family vacation.  I am sure some of you either heard or have seen some pictures from Facebook or Google+ or something! :)
But I thought I would do a blog post anyways.  I hardly took any pictures, but my dad got some pics and we also got a GoPro while we were there and got some videos and photos from there also.
So we had an amazing week, #1 just hanging out as a family with no distraction,  #2 touring around and going on adventures and #3 hanging out with absolutely nothing to do!
Like I said it was a much needed break, we had been so busy that we had had little family time and rest time.  My parents keeping busy with two businesses, I am sure you can imagine/know how that could go and then I am trying to do those two small business that I posted earlier and that has kept me busy.  Along with soccer and other things.
So yeah much needed...
 
 
So here is a picture from the drive up.  Park City is a BEAUTIFUL place!  The leaves were changing colors and well it actually felt like fall!
 
This was outside our resort, the place was awesome with so many activities.  There was a pool and a hot tube which we went in everyday (except the first because there was a thunderstorm)
 
 
There was also a park behind our resort with Zip lines, coasters, and slides.  We went back there two times that week.  It was so much, everyone enjoyed everything, but the two favorites were the coaster and slide!  The coaster was my personal favorite!

 
This is us riding up to the slide...

 
Yeah it was beautiful!

 
So one highlight is we went over to Salt Lake and visited the Mormon Temple (and saw the Giver!)
This was fun and interesting, and some would say somewhat boring.  But it was a good experience.  We walked around and saw a lot of the stuff they had there and read some of their beliefs.  We were confused on a few things, but we were able to talk to an older women there and ask her some questions.  It was a good conversation, though hard to see how off they are and how strongly they believe. 
The next few photos are of or around the Mormon Temple and I did have my camera for some of these: 


 
 








 
We went on bike rides, watched lots of movies, toured around, went water rafting, visited the Olympic Park, and played games!  Just a few things we did! :)

Comments

Popular Posts