Skip to main content

Featured

Not Part of the Plan- GirlDefined

I was so thankful to again be chosen to be a part of the launch team for GirlDefined’s new book: “Not Part of the Plan: Trusting God with the twists and turns of your story.” I was so excited when they announced this new book. I’ve been so encouraged as I’ve followed the story of Bethany’s long journey of singleness and Kristen’s trial of infertility. Their openness to these struggles have encouraged me so much as I see their love for the Lord grow even in the midst of hard. I remember hearing Kristen share of her third miscarriage at the 2019 GirlDefined conference- months after a big and hard life disappointment for me. I was lost and confused and my only hope was to cling to the Lord as my life didn’t go in the direction I had hoped it would. And hearing the struggle Kristen had gone through and how the Lord comforted and worked in her heart was so helpful.  I was so excited to read this book. I’ve loved every book of theirs. It’s so personable and so very practical. They share thei

Divergent Serious

Divergent~
In the city of Chicago, there are five factions, the Candor (honest), Abnegation (selfless),  Dauntless (brave),  Erudite, (intelligent), and the Amity (peaceful). Every citizen at the age of sixteen on a certain day must choose which faction he or she will spend the rest of their lives in.  Either stay with their family and friends or leave, never to return.  Beatrice must make the hard choice, to stay or to leave.  Her choice will change her life forever and nothing will ever be the same again.  And she will have to keep a big secret, because if anyone finds out she is divergent, she will die.
This was my favorite book in the serious

Insurgent~
The fractions are a mess, war threatens their comfortable lives and Tris is in the middle of it.  Her life is crazy and grief and guilt are gnawing at her.  Will she be able to think straight to help those whom she loves?  Or will she sacrifice her life because of the pain?

Allegiant~
The factions are gone.  There is no more life as Tris and her friends knew it to be and know they are outside the city gates, finding out all the secretes and lies of their past life.  Will they be able to forgive those who caused them so much pain and confusion?  Will they be able straighten out their lives and make right all the wrong?  Will they be able to help those who are in trouble?

I really liked these books!  Super good and interesting...really hard to put them down.

Warning:
This book was more intense on the intimacy part.  The love story was too much and had a lot of detail.  There was some things said and then things done also.  A lot of in depth kissing and then two scenes, one in the second book and then in the third that was not good and I had to skim over them.  Other than that and a few bad words in each book, they were good.

Comments

Popular Posts