Skip to main content

Featured

Not Part of the Plan- GirlDefined

I was so thankful to again be chosen to be a part of the launch team for GirlDefined’s new book: “Not Part of the Plan: Trusting God with the twists and turns of your story.” I was so excited when they announced this new book. I’ve been so encouraged as I’ve followed the story of Bethany’s long journey of singleness and Kristen’s trial of infertility. Their openness to these struggles have encouraged me so much as I see their love for the Lord grow even in the midst of hard. I remember hearing Kristen share of her third miscarriage at the 2019 GirlDefined conference- months after a big and hard life disappointment for me. I was lost and confused and my only hope was to cling to the Lord as my life didn’t go in the direction I had hoped it would. And hearing the struggle Kristen had gone through and how the Lord comforted and worked in her heart was so helpful.  I was so excited to read this book. I’ve loved every book of theirs. It’s so personable and so very practical. They share thei

A Light to My Path

This book was in the perspective of  two slaves during the Civil War. 
Grady who was sold from his mother at a young age and was sold and betted on.  His life had been filled with misery and hatred for the white men and he wanted revenge.
Kitty's whole life had been filled with serving Missy Claire, that she knew no better.  She was treated better than most of the slaves, but she was still treated as an animal.  She believed that she was no better than a slave and did as her mistress asked her without compliant.
Grady was mad at God, thinking He only cared about the white men.
Kitty didn't think anything of God, because He had done nothing for her and she thought so little of herself.
Will Grady ever forgive the white men for what they had done to him?  Will he ever allow God to rule His life?
Will Kitty see that she is more than just a slave...more than just an animal in the sight of white men?  Will she see her need for God?
I really liked this book.  Even though it was hard to see how the slaves were treated, but the perspective was good and the gospel was shared pretty good, I thought!
This book was the third book in the Refiners Fire serious.  One was in the perspective of the south and the other of the north.
These books were really good!
Warning:
This book was filled with some awkward moments of intimacy. The book was in the slaves perspective and they were treated very horribly in this way.  It does not say too much or go into too much details, but it is there.

Comments

Popular Posts