Skip to main content

Featured

Not Part of the Plan- GirlDefined

I was so thankful to again be chosen to be a part of the launch team for GirlDefined’s new book: “Not Part of the Plan: Trusting God with the twists and turns of your story.” I was so excited when they announced this new book. I’ve been so encouraged as I’ve followed the story of Bethany’s long journey of singleness and Kristen’s trial of infertility. Their openness to these struggles have encouraged me so much as I see their love for the Lord grow even in the midst of hard. I remember hearing Kristen share of her third miscarriage at the 2019 GirlDefined conference- months after a big and hard life disappointment for me. I was lost and confused and my only hope was to cling to the Lord as my life didn’t go in the direction I had hoped it would. And hearing the struggle Kristen had gone through and how the Lord comforted and worked in her heart was so helpful.  I was so excited to read this book. I’ve loved every book of theirs. It’s so personable and so very practical. They share thei

The Hunger Games

Katniss has always had a hard life, ever since her father died.  She had to hunt for food, trying to keep her sister, her mother, and herself alive.  Life became a routine for her, hunting with her friend Gale and then brining that home to help feed all the hungry people in their district. But that changes the day of the reaping when her young sister, the only person she truly loves now that her father is gone, Prim, is called as the girl of their district to fight in the hunger games. Katniss offers to go in for her, leaving her home and family, mostly likely never to return.  But her last promise to her sister is to try very hard to make it back.
 Peeta is also chosen from their district, but Katniss hardly knows him except as the boy who saved her life because of his kindness in giving her food when she was close to death.
After all the fuss and training Katniss is soon in the arena fighting for her life.  Will she make it out alive even though everything and everyone seems against her? 
I really enjoyed this book!


Catching Fire~
This is the second book in the Hunger Games.  Katniss has lived through the Hunger Games and made history with bringing Peeta out with her also, the first time two people have ever came out alive.  But the capital thinks she has rebelled and she has to prove to the other districts that she was madly in love with Peeta, instead of rebelling against the capital, or her family will die.  But the districts have already started an uprising and nothing can stop that...so as to teach everyone a lesson and to remind them who is the strongest, the capital brings Katniss and the other districts remaining victors back into the arena.  And now chances for Katniss coming out alive again seem impssoible so she puts all her strength into saving Peeta and to make sure he gets out alive. 
I really enjoyed this book also!

Comments

Popular Posts