Skip to main content

Featured

Not Part of the Plan- GirlDefined

I was so thankful to again be chosen to be a part of the launch team for GirlDefined’s new book: “Not Part of the Plan: Trusting God with the twists and turns of your story.” I was so excited when they announced this new book. I’ve been so encouraged as I’ve followed the story of Bethany’s long journey of singleness and Kristen’s trial of infertility. Their openness to these struggles have encouraged me so much as I see their love for the Lord grow even in the midst of hard. I remember hearing Kristen share of her third miscarriage at the 2019 GirlDefined conference- months after a big and hard life disappointment for me. I was lost and confused and my only hope was to cling to the Lord as my life didn’t go in the direction I had hoped it would. And hearing the struggle Kristen had gone through and how the Lord comforted and worked in her heart was so helpful.  I was so excited to read this book. I’ve loved every book of theirs. It’s so personable and so very practical. They share thei

SO...

I had been really wanting to start a little business, a way to make some money, for a while now.  We had been tossing around ideas, such as fun last names written in the sand and making soap. (The soap would have been more of a family business).  But the sand thing was a lot harder than we expected and we are too busy for making soap and selling it.  So I needed something else, something easier, cheaper, and something I could do on my own.  I really like taking pictures, so something around that seemed good and then my dad thought about cards.  Yes, perfect.  It's easy, cheap and I can do it on my own.  So just in the last month or so I had been trying to figure the whole selling card thing.  We found this sight called Etsy that is perfect to sell things off so I made an account with that and am now just getting started on my first own 'business'. I am pretty excited to see how well it will go!

     Here are a few cards:



 
 
 So yeah I just wanted to share that with you all!
 And I would post the link here for Etsy, but I cant' do it at the moment! Sorry!
Sincerely Aly on Etsy!

Comments

  1. I love etsy! And I LOOOVE your idea! And those are totally awesome pictures!!! :) Especially the shell one...did you take that?!?!? It looks SUPER professional. What's your shop name? This is so awesome!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I FOUND YOU!!! But then I realized you had said the shop name in the blog post, hahaha... :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dude, you have a TON of cards already!!!!! How long have you been working on this? (I promise this is my last comment...) ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are awesome Jess! Well, I have taken all those pictures. And I took them maybe in the last two years...however long it is that I have had my camera. But I just started the Etsy thing in the last month or so.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts