Skip to main content

Featured

Not Part of the Plan- GirlDefined

I was so thankful to again be chosen to be a part of the launch team for GirlDefined’s new book: “Not Part of the Plan: Trusting God with the twists and turns of your story.” I was so excited when they announced this new book. I’ve been so encouraged as I’ve followed the story of Bethany’s long journey of singleness and Kristen’s trial of infertility. Their openness to these struggles have encouraged me so much as I see their love for the Lord grow even in the midst of hard. I remember hearing Kristen share of her third miscarriage at the 2019 GirlDefined conference- months after a big and hard life disappointment for me. I was lost and confused and my only hope was to cling to the Lord as my life didn’t go in the direction I had hoped it would. And hearing the struggle Kristen had gone through and how the Lord comforted and worked in her heart was so helpful.  I was so excited to read this book. I’ve loved every book of theirs. It’s so personable and so very practical. They share thei

A few books:

I realized I have forsaken writing book reviews lately, which is bad because I have read a lot of books in the past few months and can't remember them all!
One of the books that I really liked was the the true story of Dayna Curry and Heather Mercer and their imprisonment in Afghanistan, for sharing their faith in Christ. While in the middle of this trail the events of September 11, 2001 happen and the war brakes out.  Their faith is tested, and many hard days were in store for them.  The book tells us what their lives where like before their arrest and leading up to their rescue from the U.S. Special Forces.  I really liked this book-Prisoners of Hope!
I also read the last book in the serious Love Comes Softly-Love Finds A Home.  Living in Boston had made Belinda restless and uneasy inside. She didn't know where she belonged.    She has big decision to make but she just doesn't know what to do.  A sad tragedy, brings her even more confessed and bewildered. What will she do with her life?  And then a person she never thought she would see again shows up in her live, leaving her excited and all mixed up inside!  Will she ever settle down like most women?  What will become of Belinda Davis?
I read all eight books of the Violet Travilla serious.  They are really good books about Vi as she grows up and the struggles she faces.  We see her dreams and hopes in the first couple books and then we see them start to unfold as she gets older.
I read A Gown of Spanish Lace, which is about a young girl who is kidnapped by a gang of rough men who kill and steal for a living.  She is kidnapped to make the bosses son more manly because he won't kill anyone and they believe that if he falls in love with her he would do anything to protect her.  But it didn't work the way they wanted.  Instead of falling in love with the girl he feels sorry for her and starts to become angry at his father for his cruelty.  And the girl makes him think about his past, about his mother that he never knew and then serious of interesting and exciting events happen as his past starts to unfold.  
The last book I read was Roses for Mama.  It was about a family who had lost their parents and were now left to care for themselves.  Angela was young but she already had to take care of the household duties and her younger siblings. Thomas the oldest already took the responsibility of a man taking his father's place and caring for the family and farm. They both struggle as they try to raise their siblings as their parents would have but they are still young and their siblings are growing fast each facing their own struggle and trail.  And then they have themselves to think of, will their hopes and dreams ever come true?
Well, I believe and hope that was all the books I have missed!

Comments

Popular Posts