Skip to main content

Featured

Not Part of the Plan- GirlDefined

I was so thankful to again be chosen to be a part of the launch team for GirlDefined’s new book: “Not Part of the Plan: Trusting God with the twists and turns of your story.” I was so excited when they announced this new book. I’ve been so encouraged as I’ve followed the story of Bethany’s long journey of singleness and Kristen’s trial of infertility. Their openness to these struggles have encouraged me so much as I see their love for the Lord grow even in the midst of hard. I remember hearing Kristen share of her third miscarriage at the 2019 GirlDefined conference- months after a big and hard life disappointment for me. I was lost and confused and my only hope was to cling to the Lord as my life didn’t go in the direction I had hoped it would. And hearing the struggle Kristen had gone through and how the Lord comforted and worked in her heart was so helpful.  I was so excited to read this book. I’ve loved every book of theirs. It’s so personable and so very practical. They share thei

Fire by Night

This book was the second book of the Refiners Fire...the first was Candle in the Darkness which was a really great book.  Fire by Night is just as great as the first!
These books took three different looks of the Civil War.  North, South, and slave perspective and how the war affected each one.
This one follows two girls of the North.  Julia Hoffman a beautiful, spoiled rich girl and Phoebe who thinks herself ugly and worthless.
Julia hears from the man she loves that she is spoiled and can't do anything for herself.  She goes out to prove him wrong by becoming a nurse and giving up her peaceful, comfortable life for a rough dirty one.  She lies and knows that she is doing all the hard gory work for the wrong reasons.  Her family and friends are mad at her and worried that she would ruin her reputation.  Julia is torn between two different lives and the reason of all that she is doing.
All Phoebe wants is to be loved.  Her mother died when she was young and her father recently died so it is just her and her three older brothers but now they are leaving to fight in the war.  She would rather go to war then stay back with people who don't love her.  So she cuts her hair and changes her clothes and joins the war where she finds and friend.  But war is no place for a women even one as strong as she is.  
I loved this book!

Comments

Popular Posts