Skip to main content

Featured

Not Part of the Plan- GirlDefined

I was so thankful to again be chosen to be a part of the launch team for GirlDefined’s new book: “Not Part of the Plan: Trusting God with the twists and turns of your story.” I was so excited when they announced this new book. I’ve been so encouraged as I’ve followed the story of Bethany’s long journey of singleness and Kristen’s trial of infertility. Their openness to these struggles have encouraged me so much as I see their love for the Lord grow even in the midst of hard. I remember hearing Kristen share of her third miscarriage at the 2019 GirlDefined conference- months after a big and hard life disappointment for me. I was lost and confused and my only hope was to cling to the Lord as my life didn’t go in the direction I had hoped it would. And hearing the struggle Kristen had gone through and how the Lord comforted and worked in her heart was so helpful.  I was so excited to read this book. I’ve loved every book of theirs. It’s so personable and so very practical. They share thei

Learners Permit

Hello everyone,
I just wanted to send a post to tell everyone that I got my learners permit on Friday, (6-28-13)!  I took the test and was so very thankful that I passed, missing only three of the 46 or something like that questions!
I could hardly believe it...I was doing drivers Ed and felt pretty confident about the info at the time being but then I finished it and we made an appointment to take the test but we didn't end up going in until like two weeks. So on Monday I looked at my drivers Ed practice test and realized that I couldn't remember most of it and I felt really discouraged. (They ask really hard question, even my mom was like, what?)  And so of course all week I was like great I am going to mess up and have to take the test again and again. (My mom tried to encourage me by saying that she had to take it three times :)
I studied really hard that week and especially Thursday.  I spent most of the time reading the book-let, (You can ask Ethan about that).  And my head really hurt that night.  And so Thursday night I felt like I knew a lot of the info but I still kept thinking of failing and all the disappointments.
I had prayed all week that God would prepare my heart, I prayed that I would pass but if I did fail I prayed that He would allow me to trust Him knowing that He has a plan for everything in my life.
My mom knew how I was filling and she encourage me a lot and my dad was confident in me the whole time! :)
So by Friday I was nervous but I felt God comforting me.
The DMV is crazy and I had never been in there before.  We had to wait in line to get a number before we were even helped.  And the whole time I am freaking out because I am dreading the test part. And then I had to wait in line to get my picture taken!  So finally an hour and ten minutes later I was taking the test.
Those questions were really hard, each option was so similar that I kept doubting myself.  My head started hurting and I was just done so I went in line to get my results, sure that I was going to fail.  (I need to learn not to doubt all the time)
I couldn't believe that I only got three wrong!  I am so excited!  And nervous.
I have not driven yet, I can't start driving until I have had six hours of driving with an instructor.  But my dad said he is going to take me out before so that I know what I am doing before I go with someone I don't know!
But anyways, Thank you to those who were praying for me!  I know I could not have done any of it without the Lords strength! 

Comments

  1. This is so crazy, I cannot believe you're a driver now (almost) :) how exciting!! Congratulaions! Be careful out there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's so awesome! Funny thing, I got exactly 3 wrong too. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts