Skip to main content

Featured

Not Part of the Plan- GirlDefined

I was so thankful to again be chosen to be a part of the launch team for GirlDefined’s new book: “Not Part of the Plan: Trusting God with the twists and turns of your story.” I was so excited when they announced this new book. I’ve been so encouraged as I’ve followed the story of Bethany’s long journey of singleness and Kristen’s trial of infertility. Their openness to these struggles have encouraged me so much as I see their love for the Lord grow even in the midst of hard. I remember hearing Kristen share of her third miscarriage at the 2019 GirlDefined conference- months after a big and hard life disappointment for me. I was lost and confused and my only hope was to cling to the Lord as my life didn’t go in the direction I had hoped it would. And hearing the struggle Kristen had gone through and how the Lord comforted and worked in her heart was so helpful.  I was so excited to read this book. I’ve loved every book of theirs. It’s so personable and so very practical. They share thei

Uncle Tom's Cabin

This book was long and slow but it was filled with good detail about slavery.  It told of the horrible things people would do to their salves and though all salve owners weren't bad most of them treated their salves worse than animals. 
This book was really sad as I read how Uncle Tom was sold from his wife and young children to a new owner far away.  And how they feared they would never see each other again.
And then there was Eliza who was not able to live with her own husband because he belonged to a different master.  And then she overheard her owner say that he was going to sell her young son.  She made a desperate move and ran away.  But would she be able to get to Canada before they found her?
This book was a hard book to read but a good one because of the tales it tells...and how God worked through the salves and salve owners!

Comments

Popular Posts