Skip to main content

Featured

Not Part of the Plan- GirlDefined

I was so thankful to again be chosen to be a part of the launch team for GirlDefined’s new book: “Not Part of the Plan: Trusting God with the twists and turns of your story.” I was so excited when they announced this new book. I’ve been so encouraged as I’ve followed the story of Bethany’s long journey of singleness and Kristen’s trial of infertility. Their openness to these struggles have encouraged me so much as I see their love for the Lord grow even in the midst of hard. I remember hearing Kristen share of her third miscarriage at the 2019 GirlDefined conference- months after a big and hard life disappointment for me. I was lost and confused and my only hope was to cling to the Lord as my life didn’t go in the direction I had hoped it would. And hearing the struggle Kristen had gone through and how the Lord comforted and worked in her heart was so helpful.  I was so excited to read this book. I’ve loved every book of theirs. It’s so personable and so very practical. They share thei

BOOKS! BOOKS!

The Mysterious Benedict Society:
Reynie, with thousands of other kids takes strange quizzes and meet strange people.  Reynie is only 1 of the 4 people who pass out of thousands: Kate, Sticky, and Constance.  Each kid has a different and unique kind of skill.  These 4 kids meet Mr. Benedict, and two other nice, but weird people.  Mr. Benedict makes these kids into top secret agent.  To stop some danger that is happening.  But this mission is very dangerous and can cost theses children their lives.  Will they be able to make it and  stop The "Whisper"?  I LIKED THIS BOOK A LOT!!!!  

EMMY and the Incredible Shrinking Rat:
Emmy use to have a "normal" life, loving parents, friends, and a nice home.  But that all changed when they become rich.  Her parents just start forgetting about her she does not have any friends and feels invisible in school and she has a mean nanny.  At school she makes a friend with a rat, who can talk.  Then one day this boy at school, Joe, strat talking to her, he also heard the rat talk.  That day everything changes and Emmy try to set thing right, and have  her loving parent again.  I enjoyed this book!!


When Calls the Heart:
Elizabeth is a lovely, unmarried school teacher, who gets sent to teach on the Canadian frontier, she has made up her mind NEVER to marry any of those frontiersman. 
Wynn (frontiersman) seeks the same thing NEVER to marry.  Will they change their mind?  I liked this book!!!!

Comments

  1. Hi Aylssa, Great job reading all those books. Miss you a lot. Love Grandma

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm trying to gauge how much you really like each book. I figure Bold capital letters and four exclamation points means it was your favorite of the three, using the term "enjoy" instead of "like" and just two exclamation points means it could be your second favorite, but then again just a generic "like" and four exclamation points on the third book... Any book with a talking rat would be my favorite. I mean come on, I thought I was interesting to talk to, but a rat... I would use Bold capital letters, "like", "enjoy", I'd even make up a word like "fantastical" or something.

    I mean come on, look at your grandmas post, I'd take a talking rat any day. Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Alyssa!!!! Hello there little miss reader! I love seeing all the books you read, it's so great! I hope you're doing well! I miss you!!! Amanda and I hung out a little last night and we were wishing you and Ev were here ;( Love you girlie!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts