Skip to main content

Featured

Not Part of the Plan- GirlDefined

I was so thankful to again be chosen to be a part of the launch team for GirlDefined’s new book: “Not Part of the Plan: Trusting God with the twists and turns of your story.” I was so excited when they announced this new book. I’ve been so encouraged as I’ve followed the story of Bethany’s long journey of singleness and Kristen’s trial of infertility. Their openness to these struggles have encouraged me so much as I see their love for the Lord grow even in the midst of hard. I remember hearing Kristen share of her third miscarriage at the 2019 GirlDefined conference- months after a big and hard life disappointment for me. I was lost and confused and my only hope was to cling to the Lord as my life didn’t go in the direction I had hoped it would. And hearing the struggle Kristen had gone through and how the Lord comforted and worked in her heart was so helpful.  I was so excited to read this book. I’ve loved every book of theirs. It’s so personable and so very practical. They share thei

Lord of the Flies

I just finished the book.  It's a great, scary and sad book.  It's about boys who get stuck on a island from a plane crash. everything is good at first, they have rules and get along.  But something happens and everything goes wrong.  I learned that without authority you can be overtaken by sin.

Comments

  1. Hey Alyssa! What a nice surprise to see you have a blog! How fun! Looks like you're reading some good books, I remember reading Lord of the Flies in 10th grade and really liking it :-) Hope everything is going well, I'm looking forward to all you have to write about!

    Love,
    Aunt Stacia and Uncle Eddie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Alyssa, it is Grandma King. Kyle is showing me how to follow your blog, and to talk to you about your books that you are reading. I'm still learning how to use the internet, and bloging, so please be patient with me.
    Love, Grandma King

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts