Skip to main content

Featured

Not Part of the Plan- GirlDefined

I was so thankful to again be chosen to be a part of the launch team for GirlDefined’s new book: “Not Part of the Plan: Trusting God with the twists and turns of your story.” I was so excited when they announced this new book. I’ve been so encouraged as I’ve followed the story of Bethany’s long journey of singleness and Kristen’s trial of infertility. Their openness to these struggles have encouraged me so much as I see their love for the Lord grow even in the midst of hard. I remember hearing Kristen share of her third miscarriage at the 2019 GirlDefined conference- months after a big and hard life disappointment for me. I was lost and confused and my only hope was to cling to the Lord as my life didn’t go in the direction I had hoped it would. And hearing the struggle Kristen had gone through and how the Lord comforted and worked in her heart was so helpful.  I was so excited to read this book. I’ve loved every book of theirs. It’s so personable and so very practical. They share thei

#ShineBright

I am so excited to share this book review!!  I've been following GirlDefined for a few years now and have enjoyed every book they have published and have grown and been encouraged so much by their ministry.  I signed up to be apart of their launch team for their new devotional and was so beyond excited to be chosen!  This journey has been so exciting and fun and I'm so glad I got a chance to be a part of it!


I love Kristin and Bethany’s heart for the Lord.  They’re desire to put Him above all else in their lives and to share and encourage girls and young women to do the same. 


The thing that first stood out to me as I began to read their Shine Bright Devotional was this line in their intro- “just keep in mind that this devotional isn’t intended to replace time in God’s word each day; it’s meant to supplement it.”


I think this is so important to realize as we start each new devotional or christian book.  We are meant to read God’s word and be in daily fellowship with Him.  These books can encourage us and help us with this but are never ever meant to be our gospel, our hope, our go to.  God’s word is the only thing that is fully true and where we can learn and know more about Him.  I love that they see this and are quick to point this out to us as well.  

These ladies know the struggle, the anxiety, the stress, and the temptations we face and they long to encourage and help us in their own fails to point us to God and to find our hope in Him.

 

Each day of this devotional has been a quick, easy read with so much encouragement as Girl Defined points us to Christ in every area of our life.  They share their own struggles, often making us laugh or enjoy a quick story of a way they learned the hard way and what the Lord has taught them throughout their lives. They have very practical encouragements; to run the race He has for us.  Each day starts with a verse, an encouragement from the girls, and a dive deeper section that encourages us to read and pray more and every once in a while to journal our thoughts down as we process the days devotional.  

*I received a copy of this book from the publisher for the purpose of an honest review. https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1pTS9mE0GEWdPFvbcTwZK87oHs0-AsG-l

Comments

Popular Posts