Skip to main content

Featured

Not Part of the Plan- GirlDefined

I was so thankful to again be chosen to be a part of the launch team for GirlDefined’s new book: “Not Part of the Plan: Trusting God with the twists and turns of your story.” I was so excited when they announced this new book. I’ve been so encouraged as I’ve followed the story of Bethany’s long journey of singleness and Kristen’s trial of infertility. Their openness to these struggles have encouraged me so much as I see their love for the Lord grow even in the midst of hard. I remember hearing Kristen share of her third miscarriage at the 2019 GirlDefined conference- months after a big and hard life disappointment for me. I was lost and confused and my only hope was to cling to the Lord as my life didn’t go in the direction I had hoped it would. And hearing the struggle Kristen had gone through and how the Lord comforted and worked in her heart was so helpful.  I was so excited to read this book. I’ve loved every book of theirs. It’s so personable and so very practical. They share thei

October Books

Putting on a Gentle & Quiet Spirit-
I read this devotional by Elizabeth George, for school.  She takes us through the book 1 Peter, verse by verse.  I think what I liked and personally took away from this book was her sections in suffering.  As a topic my family is going through right now and something I personally am struggling with, it was a comfort to read Peter's words on it.  I know we will all suffer, but it is a comfort to know that we can cast our care upon Him.  That He cares for us when we are mistreated and to know that He has a perfect plan for us in such situations.
I was hoping for more insight on a quite and gentle spirit and wisdom on living a godly life as a young girl.  But this book was a really simple read and I would recommend it to any lady who is interested in a devotional through 1 Peter.


The Captive Maiden-
I loved this book!  I could hardly put it down!
Gisela's father died and left her with her stepmother and stepsisters who treat her more of a servant than of family.  Yes...much like a retelling of Cinderella.  Through the harsh treatment of her family she doesn't give up her daydreaming about the Duke's son, Valten, even though the thought is absorbed.  But when she actually meets him she could hardly believe that he, the next Duke of Hagenheim, actually would notice her!
~I love Melanie Dickerson's books.  They are Christian books and pretty clean.  Though the books are romance, filled with kissing and desires, I love the way the author stresses the purity of each characters heart.  So different from many books today.~



Disciplines of the Beautiful Woman-
This book gives great ideas on how to organize your life; from cleaning your closet to day-to-day to do lists.  I really appreciated the ideas and opinions that were given, realizing that that's what they were, opinions that are meant to help us see the bigger picture.  I understood the author did not say this was what you need to do in order to be a beautiful woman, but she was giving us her thoughts of what abeautiful woman is, knowing that not everyone would be able or sometimes even willing to do some of the things she was writing about.
I liked how at the end of the book she stressed the beautiful woman aspect.  That no matter what your personality or what you look like you can be a beautiful woman by how you act and what you do in your life.


Comments

Popular Posts