Skip to main content

Featured

Not Part of the Plan- GirlDefined

I was so thankful to again be chosen to be a part of the launch team for GirlDefined’s new book: “Not Part of the Plan: Trusting God with the twists and turns of your story.” I was so excited when they announced this new book. I’ve been so encouraged as I’ve followed the story of Bethany’s long journey of singleness and Kristen’s trial of infertility. Their openness to these struggles have encouraged me so much as I see their love for the Lord grow even in the midst of hard. I remember hearing Kristen share of her third miscarriage at the 2019 GirlDefined conference- months after a big and hard life disappointment for me. I was lost and confused and my only hope was to cling to the Lord as my life didn’t go in the direction I had hoped it would. And hearing the struggle Kristen had gone through and how the Lord comforted and worked in her heart was so helpful.  I was so excited to read this book. I’ve loved every book of theirs. It’s so personable and so very practical. They share thei

~One of my new favorite books~

I just finished reading this book called the Healers Apprentice.  I really liked it.  It is one of my new favorite books!
I have been pretty busy lately that I haven't been able to read much and also because a tiny thing called 'not finding any books I found interesting'. 
But for a couple a weeks I get to take it easy and read...I hope! 
I was so excited when I got this book (I had been wanting to get it for a while, but I couldn't find it at the library so I had to buy it and thanks to birthday and Christmas money I bought it a couple days ago!)
It was perfect...a book genre that I had totally missed reading!  Romance and Fantasy...
I did try reading this book called Inkspell a sequel to Inkheart (which they made a movie of) last week, but it was so long and dragging, I couldn't' finish it.  It was also a fantasy.  So yeah, I crossed those books of my list this week! :)
So, back to The Healers Apprentice. 
It is about a girl named Rose who is the apprentice to the physician in the land, but she doesn't actually fit well in the position, because she gets queasy at the sight of blood and can't stich properly. 
Duke Wilhelm is betrothed, but he must save his betrothed from the evil Moncore before he can marry her or even see her.
Rose's and Duke Wilhelm's paths intervene and the two became friends.  But Rose is a mere peasant girl and Wilhelm a Duke who is betrothed.  Is there a way for the two of them to be together? 
This book was written by a Christian author and demonstrates the sheer truth that there is a spiritual battle going on around us and that we must lean and wait on Christ and He will direct our steps and do what is good for us.
There was romance in this book, a few passionate kisses, hugs and thoughts, but other then that it is a decent book, if I remember correctly!

                                                               



 




Comments

Popular Posts