Skip to main content

Featured

Not Part of the Plan- GirlDefined

I was so thankful to again be chosen to be a part of the launch team for GirlDefined’s new book: “Not Part of the Plan: Trusting God with the twists and turns of your story.” I was so excited when they announced this new book. I’ve been so encouraged as I’ve followed the story of Bethany’s long journey of singleness and Kristen’s trial of infertility. Their openness to these struggles have encouraged me so much as I see their love for the Lord grow even in the midst of hard. I remember hearing Kristen share of her third miscarriage at the 2019 GirlDefined conference- months after a big and hard life disappointment for me. I was lost and confused and my only hope was to cling to the Lord as my life didn’t go in the direction I had hoped it would. And hearing the struggle Kristen had gone through and how the Lord comforted and worked in her heart was so helpful.  I was so excited to read this book. I’ve loved every book of theirs. It’s so personable and so very practical. They share thei

The Mystery of the Fire Dragon the series of Nancy Drew

I finished a new book.  Nancy is making plans to go  Hong Kong, with her father, when Her Aunt Elosie calls about a mystery.  Two Chinese people Moved in next door, Grandpa Soong and his granddaughter Chi Che.  Chi Che left a note at  Aunt Elosie  door That read "Grandpa must think I am  visiting student friend from Columbia.  The police must not be notified I am in grave danger because I have found out that...." The letter is not finished!  This letter Leads Nancy Drew to unconsciousness being kidnapped and more.  I love this book!    

Comments

  1. You are just moving through these books! How fun! This one sounds interesting, can't wait to see how it goes!
    Love,
    Aunt Stacia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Who is Nancy Drew? You seem to like to her books a lot. I'm glad you liked the book.

    ReplyDelete
  3. HI LYS, HOW ARE YOU DOING? YOU REALLY LIKE TO READ! THAT IS FANTASTIC!!! DO YOU READ AT THE BEACH?, OR IN YOUR ROOM?, OR IN THE BACK YARD BY THE POOL?, OR DO YOU READ JUST ABOUT ANYWHERE? DO YOU READ BEFORE YOU GO TO SLEEP? I WISH I COULD READ AS MUCH AS YOU DO. i LOVE AND MISS YOU, GRANDMA KING

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts