Skip to main content

Featured

Not Part of the Plan- GirlDefined

I was so thankful to again be chosen to be a part of the launch team for GirlDefined’s new book: “Not Part of the Plan: Trusting God with the twists and turns of your story.” I was so excited when they announced this new book. I’ve been so encouraged as I’ve followed the story of Bethany’s long journey of singleness and Kristen’s trial of infertility. Their openness to these struggles have encouraged me so much as I see their love for the Lord grow even in the midst of hard. I remember hearing Kristen share of her third miscarriage at the 2019 GirlDefined conference- months after a big and hard life disappointment for me. I was lost and confused and my only hope was to cling to the Lord as my life didn’t go in the direction I had hoped it would. And hearing the struggle Kristen had gone through and how the Lord comforted and worked in her heart was so helpful.  I was so excited to read this book. I’ve loved every book of theirs. It’s so personable and so very practical. They share thei

The Clue of the Dancing Puppet the series of Nancy Drew

"At night a life-size puppet in ballet costume has been seen dancing in various places- on the lawn, on the deserted stage, even on the flat roof of the shed,"  said Mr. Spencer.  "It sounds fantastic," said Nancy Drew.
Nancy Drew and her friends, Bess and George, stay at the Spencers.  The Spencers are actors along with Emmet, their friend, who stays with them.  The Spencer's barn is a theater where they teach plays.  Nancy drew had a fun time solving the mystery and I had a fun time reading it.

Comments

  1. It's really neattoo how you quote the book and mention the characters!! there must be a lot of books about Nancy Drew. I've never heard of her until your Blog. Where do you get her books? You must sure have a lot of them. I order books from www.amazon.com You should have a link on your blog to them or where ever you get your books. Can't wait to hear about the next one!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HI ALYSSA. i AGREE WITH UNCLE KYLE, YOU ARE VERY GOOD AT TELLING A STORY, AS IF I WERE RIGHT THERE READING IT TOO. CAN'T WAIT FOR YOUR NEXT WORK REVIEW.
    LOVE GRANDMA KING

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Alyssa. I loved reading all your book reviews. They keep getting better and better the more you do. I don't know any other 12 year olds that have their own blog!! It is really awesome that you can share your thoughts with your friends and family like this. I am really proud of you!!
    Love, Aunt Annie

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts